Size: 10ml / 0.30fl.oz
The nurturing floral scent of lavender essential oil gently cools and calms our spirits. A medicine cabinet in a bottle, lavender is a must for the first aid kit. Lavender essential oil is popular for its relaxing and healing qualities, and has been known to improve sleep and general wellbeing.
- Improves sleep
- Helps muscle aches & pains
- Regenerates skin
Skin & Hair: Tones and revitalizes skin, and is useful for all types of skin problems such as acne, oily skin, boils, burns, sunburn, wounds, psoriasis, lice, insect bites and stings.
Body: Can be beneficial for problems such as bronchitis, asthma, colds and throat infections. Helpful for muscular aches and pains.
Wellbeing: Calming, soothing, improves sleeplessness and has a soothing and calming effect on the nerves. It helps with tension, panic, anxiety and nervous exhaustion in general and is effective for headaches, migraines and insomnia.
How to use
Skin & Hair:
- Face: Apply 1 drop to skin blemishes or wounds. Gentle face massage can be used to help fight acne and stimulate the lymphatic system. Add 1 drop to 5ml / 0.17fl.oz carrier oil. Try to direct massage stroke from the midline towards the outer edge of your jaw to promote lymphatic drainage.
- Spot treatment: Apply 1 drop of essential oil to blemish daily until it heals.
- Hand or foot bath: add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of water. For inflammation consider using cold/room temperature water. For aches and tight muscles use warm/hot water
- Steam treatment (face and respiratory system): add 2 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water.
- Compress: to a bowl of water add 2 drops of essential oil. For treating inflammation or to cool down use cold/room temperature water, for aching tight muscles use warm/hot water. Soak a wash cloth in the water, wring out excess moisture and apply to the affected area, repeat two or three times as the compress cools down or warms up.
- Massage: use a 2.5% dilution; 50 drops per 100ml / 3.38fl.oz carrier oil. Face massage blend, 1 drop of oil to 5ml / 0.17fl.oz carrier oil.
- Bath: add up to 5 drops, in a dispersant such as oil, to the bath.
- Diffuser: add 6-8 drops to your diffuser to help calm the nerves and promote relaxation.
Considerations: Lavender is considered safe to use during pregnancy, illness, for young children and is non-sensitizing to the skin. Use sparingly to encourage sleep, 1 drop on the pillow should be enough. Too much lavender can have the opposite effect and become stimulating.
Blends well with: black Pepper, sweet orange, geranium, lemon, neroli, ylang ylang, patchouli.
Lavandula angustifolia/ Lavandula intermedia (lavender) oil