Most mainstream cleaning products contain chemical ingredients that can be detrimental to health & the environment. The accumulation of toxins from commercial cleaning products can act as additional environmental stressors in our lives. Because of their antibacterial, antimicrobial and antiviral properties, essential oils make the perfect natural ingredient for household products.
Making your own natural, toxic-free cleaning products is simple, cost-effective and better for the environment.
Use as a disinfectant spray to clean surfaces around the home.
1. Add following essential oils to a 250ml spray bottle
- 20 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 10 drops Lemon Essential Oil
2. Add 1 tsp baking soda to the spray bottle.
3. Fill rest of bottle with equal parts of white vinegar and distilled water. Be careful when adding the vinegar as it might overflow due to the chemical reaction with baking soda.
4. Screw on spray lid and shake gently.
Use to remove soap scum and other residues from surfaces in the bathroom and around the home.